VCA's first Town Hall Meeting for Directors and Managers since 2020 was held virtually on Thursday April 13, 2023 from 10-11:00AM. If you missed it, here is the recording.
Hosted by Vice Chancellor Administration, Marc Fisher, a panel of presenters and 1-minute "lightning round" speakers provided updates in the following areas:
- EVCP Ben Hermalin shared his views on the current challenges and opportunities facing Berkeley.
- New UC Berkeley Chief of Police Yogananda Pittman outlined her initial campus observations over the last 10 weeks and her vision for campus and community safety.
- AVC-HR and Chief People & Culture Officer Eugene Whitlock provided People & Culture updates related to recent accomplishments as well as work in the queue. Plus he presented details around the State of the Workplace survey.
- People & Culture's James Dudek offered details around Succession Planning and opportunities to develop a plan. Comprehensive details and Toolkit links can be found on P&C's Succession Planning webpages. You can also reach out to James directly who can offer additional assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sustainability Samantha Lubow gave a quick update that Berkeley staff can receive a sustainability certification with the newly- launched UC Berkeley Sustainability Staff Training! Composed of ten online modules, this professional development opportunity is designed so staff can complete the training at their own pace. Find out more at https://sustainability.berkeley.edu/engage/sustainability-staff-training.
- Disability Access & Compliance's Derek Coates presented details around Disability Accommodation Workplans.
- AVC of Business Operations, Seamus Wilmot discussed details around the upcoming Campus Emergency Preparedness Study.
- SHARE Regional Director Teal Sexton gave short updates about HR Service Hub, BRS updates on the UAW contract implementation and efforts to increase transparency in the hiring process. Also, go here to find information about the Gender Recognition and Lived Name Policy.